Thursday 12 November 2015

Review: AlPorto Christmas Menu.

I was lucky enough to be invited to taste the AlPorto Christmas menu last week, I was so excited! I love food, way too much.
Myself, Kathryn, Heather and Stephenie arrived at AlPorto and we were greated with a glass of prosecco. We were taken to the room were we had our summer meet up in, a quaint room with a quirky interior. There was a table for four set up with Christmas crackers and Christmas music playing in the background, it was so exciting!


We sat and chatted for a while and the first course was brought out, chestnut soup, it was incredible! I love chestnuts anyway so I knew I'd like it but I never expected to love it so much, i could have had so much more.


Next up we had the smoked salmon, also a strong favourite of mine & Yep I loved it, I was pleasantly surprised by the lemon cured severed with it, it complimented it perfectly.


The third starter we had was melanzarie parmigiana aubergines, cheese and tomato stack, it's not something I would normally choose off a menu but it was delicious.


We had a little rest before the mains and got the chance to use a Fujifilm Polaroid camera.


The first main we ate was Roast Guinea fowl with rosemary, red wine jus and mixed wild mushrooms. This was my first time eating Guinea Fowl, it was gorgeous!


Before you all think were incredible eaters we had a plate to share and got little plates to eat from.


Our second main was Turkey breast filled with chestnut stuffing and a cranberry jus, I'm not a big turkey fan, I find it dry and tasteless but obviously this was the best turkey Iv ever eaten! The stuffing was amazing and I normally hate cranberry sauce but this jus complemented it perfectly.


Next up we have pan fried halibut with radicchio and prawns risotto, at this point I was feeling rather full so I had a taste of each individual bit and I really wish id paced myself, it all tasted so delicious, the halibut was cooked perfectly, it fell apart and the risotto was so flavourful.


The fourth course was Beef Wellington, like previously I was rather full so I only ate little bits, it was fantastic, the meat cut like butter, the pastry melted in my mouth, the veggies were cooked to perfection and the mash was so smooth and creamy!


.. And there's more .. Next we have chestnut and spinach en croute with a blue cheese sauce, I HATE blue cheese but I loved this. Because it was a sauce it was only a very mild taste and went really well with the en croute. One again I loved it!



By this point I was incredibly stuffed and we still had desserts to eat. We had a little break before hand. They brought out just one of each dessert as we were going to get one of each, each! 

There was chocolate roulade and tiramisu, obviously both were delicious! The roulade was very rich and extremely mouth watering and the tiramisu was surprisingly delicious, I'm not a fan of coffee.


All in all I had an amazing night with great people. We didn't stop chatting, the atmosphere was so lovely.
The food was incredible, fine dining with a homely twist.
The staff we very efficient, topping us up with drinks and didn't rush us once.



The Christmas menu is £24.95 per person during the day and £28.95 on an evening. Check out there website www.alport.co.uk or contact them on 01482 238889.

THANKS FOR READING 
CHELSEA XO

*the meal & drinks were complimetery of AlPorto. This had no influence on my review, As always, my posts are always my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment